The easy to use, safe, high performance technical cleaner for hydrophobic and regular down filled clothing and gear.
The only technical cleaner specifically designed for hydrophobic and regular down which cleans effectively, while restoring water repellency and maintaining fill power and insulation.
Machine Wash (for down clothing only):
- Use a front-loading washing machine only.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum 2 items in washing machine.
- Add 100 ml.
- Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
- After the washing cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.
(Hand wash sleeping bags or wash in a professional machine).
Hand Wash (use gloves):
- Add 100 ml to 12-15 L of hand-hot water.
- Immerse item and agitate to mix, ensuring complete wetting.
- Leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
- Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- To remove excess water transfer item(s) to a washing machine and run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed.
To get the maximum amount of water out of your down it’s best to spin dry multiple times, each time incrementally increasing the speed of the spin cycle. Wet down is heavy, so if items are spun too quickly while still holding a large amount of water it is possible that internal baffles may be broken.
Tumble drying is recommended (if care label allows) to ensure that the down is dried thoroughly and as quickly as possible. Leaving down wet or damp can ruin it completely. Tumble dry according to manufacturer’s instructions on a low setting until clumps have disappeared. Ensure that there is sufficient room in the tumble drier to house the item once dry, as items will return to their original size during the drying process.
Teasing apart clumps repeatedly during drying process will help restore loft to the down.
After tumble drying it is recommended to air item(s) for at least a day in a warm and dry space, prior to packing away.